My Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce Yourself

+3
CherrieBabie17
Fame
Hummingbird
7 posters

Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Re: Introduce Yourself

Post  mr.moose Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:17 pm

Welcome Jada, please introduce yourself and tell us alittle about yourself.
mr.moose
mr.moose

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:36 pm

Welcome Jada. Introduce yourself and jump right in and lets talk.
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Admin

https://mysupportgroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Welcome Kennuta. Thank you for being here. Introduce yourself and join in the conversations.
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:58 am

Welcome Roshaan. Please introduce yourself and get to know us here at MSG. Thank you for coming.
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Welcome LindaJo. Thank you for joining us. Jump in and introduce yourself whenever you feel ready to do so. I am always here for you all if you need to talk.
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:12 pm

I would like to welcome a friend who I went to school with and haven't seen in years!!!! Thank you Barry for joining the site. Please introduce yourself to the group. So good to reconnect after all these years. We found each other on facebook!
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:10 am

TexanBunnee wrote:Hi! My name is Laurie. I don't have any of these things mentioned. I have been told that I have the beginnings of arthritis in my feet by an orthopedic dr though. I wasn't to happy, but what can I do?
I am a mother of 5 kids ages ranging from 5 (almost 6) to 20 (almost 21). I get very stressed! LOL
I like to scrapbook, read, cook/bake, & I raise Holland & mini lop rabbits as a hobby. They're a great therapy at the end of the day...they don't ask for much & don't talk back. They love me unconditionally (well...most of them do!) & they let me pet them to my hearts content!

Welcome to my website!! Thanks for signing up. We have been "online friends" for what....... 10 years now? LOL Thanks for being a great friend. I made a special section just for you..... STRESS!! LOL Hang in there.
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty hi Laurie

Post  mamabear Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:01 am

Hi Laurie, glad to have you but sorry to hear of the arthritis. We all have something medical going on with us! And it is all serious to us that have it. Welcome to post or just chat!

mamabear

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Introduce yourselves

Post  TexanBunnee Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi! My name is Laurie. I don't have any of these things mentioned. I have been told that I have the beginnings of arthritis in my feet by an orthopedic dr though. I wasn't to happy, but what can I do?
I am a mother of 5 kids ages ranging from 5 (almost 6) to 20 (almost 21). I get very stressed! LOL
I like to scrapbook, read, cook/bake, & I raise Holland & mini lop rabbits as a hobby. They're a great therapy at the end of the day...they don't ask for much & don't talk back. They love me unconditionally (well...most of them do!) & they let me pet them to my hearts content!

TexanBunnee

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:24 am

Thanks everyone for introducing yourselves and for caring for each other. I hope some lasting friendships will be made here and lots of healing takes place. We just have to help each other up when we are down!
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:28 pm

Glad to have you here Glenn. I know you have been through a lot. Thanks for being a friend. Glenn and I ride our ATV's together. OH, you reminded me of one of mine I forgot..... Hiatel hernia! gotta add that!
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mr.moose Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi my name is Glenn and I have a few health issues: diabetes, sleep apnea, hiatal hernia, Hypertension, high cholesterol, Anxiety, depression, and Arthritis. Whewwww I think thats enough.
I'm 58 year old and have been Widowed twice. First from cancer and the second from a stroke. I believe this is the reason for my depression. I like archery, Computers, and riding atvs. I live with my mother and taking care of her she is in her mid 80's.
mr.moose
mr.moose

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty tired

Post  stCheshirecat Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:19 pm

I think that the worst part of any immune system disease seems to be the fatigue. I call the summer I was diagnosed with RA, the summer I slept. After they found a treatment that was moderately effective, I was no longer so darned tired all the time. Still, I can also tell when I'm having a flare up, not just because of the pain and stiffness, but because tired all the time returns. Here's sending you love, prayers, and positive energy to help with yours.

Susan

mamabear wrote:Hi folks. I have Crohn's Disease, IBS (irratable bowell syndrom), have had tyroid cancer, am on several meds. I go for a bone density test next week, altho I already know I have osteroporosis, lovely huh??!!! Some of the meds I am treated with for the Crohn's is the same meds RA patients use. Right now I am on Imuran, it does not seem to be working very well. Folks, I am just plain TIRED, can't seem to shake it, the fatigue is the worse it's ever been and I am at a total loss of what to do, it is so bad today that I called my lovely and wonderful daughter (with 2 babies) to see if she can come over here and at least help me vacumn and sweep the house. I need to do some canning today and I don't have the strength to go into the kitchen for a glass of tea, much less can pickles!! hahaha So, I've introduced myself on a "bad" day, next time I post mayby it will be a good day and you all can learn who I really am!!!!!! Thanks Jane!

"remember to always take your rainbow with you"
(especially on days like today!)

stCheshirecat

Back to top Go down

Post  mamabear Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Sorry, I didn't do a very good job of introducing myself, I am the middle of 3 girls, I have the most awsome husband!!!! I am mother of 5 and grandmother (granna) of 13!!! Love those grands!! LOTS of illnesses in our family, especially cancer and immune diseases (like crohns and ra). Thanks!

mamabear

Back to top Go down

Post  mamabear Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi folks. I have Crohn's Disease, IBS (irratable bowell syndrom), have had tyroid cancer, am on several meds. I go for a bone density test next week, altho I already know I have osteroporosis, lovely huh??!!! Some of the meds I am treated with for the Crohn's is the same meds RA patients use. Right now I am on Imuran, it does not seem to be working very well. Folks, I am just plain TIRED, can't seem to shake it, the fatigue is the worse it's ever been and I am at a total loss of what to do, it is so bad today that I called my lovely and wonderful daughter (with 2 babies) to see if she can come over here and at least help me vacumn and sweep the house. I need to do some canning today and I don't have the strength to go into the kitchen for a glass of tea, much less can pickles!! hahaha So, I've introduced myself on a "bad" day, next time I post mayby it will be a good day and you all can learn who I really am!!!!!! Thanks Jane!

"remember to always take your rainbow with you"
(especially on days like today!)

mamabear

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm

We have 11 members and so far only 4 have introduced themselves. Come on let us know about you so we can pray for you and talk with you and share your load.
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:06 am

She has also had methyltrexate (sp)

Thank you for your prayers for her. I'm sure she will be grateful.
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Your sister

Post  stCheshirecat Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:01 am

If she's been treated with embrel and remicade, it definitely sounds like RA. I receive remicade treatments every 6 weeks. They're like 8 or 9 thou apiece, so, without good insurance, I would have to not do them. I tried methyltrexate, which is less expensive and a first line defense, but it was not effective by itself. The combination treatments are fairly effective. I have some pain and stiffness in my hands, but nothing to bad. The treatments also help with fatigue, unless I'm having a flareup. For me, losing weight has been the best treatment. Difficult to do, I know. Exercise also helps, especially, low impact or aquacize.

I will keep your sister in my thoughts and prayers. It can be a difficult disease to manage and live with, if you do not have it under control. I'm thankful that, for the most part, mine is under control at the moment.

stCheshirecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi Susan, Thanks for introducing yourself. I am so sorry you have to deal with this pain. I'm glad you are fortunate to have insurance. That relieves a lot of stress just to know you have good insurance.

My sister has arthritis and I am pretty sure it is RA. She has taken several medications including Embrel but I think at the moment she is taking Remicade treatments. In the past year she has had both knees replaced, elbow replaced and thumb surgery so please remember her in your prayers. And remember her and US when she has her mental episodes that she denies she has........

I know what you mean about the "damned if you do and damned if you don't". Either I hurt continuously and it makes me fatigued and grouchy or I take my meds and I'm fatigued and "out of it".
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Introductions

Post  stCheshirecat Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi,
I'm Susan. I have RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis), with the fibromyalgia as a sidelight, as is often the case. My mom had fibro without the RA, but I guess I got lucky!

In my case, I'm very fortunate, as I have good insurance coverage, because the treatments for my RA, which has proven resistant, are very expensive. I feel a great deal of empathy and compassion for those who must make the difficult choice of which condition to live with, as affording medication or treatment for all is impossible.

What I hate the most about the condition is the fatigue. I hate being tired so much of the time, yet unable to sleep at night--a sort of damned in you do/damned if you don't situation.

stCheshirecat

Back to top Go down

Post  CherrieBabie17 Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:12 pm

My name is Lesleigh I suffer from Hidradenitis i have been dealing with this disorder every day of my life since i was about 14 years old. I am 24 now. Just want it to go away. My family is very caring and understanding of my illness they just hate having to see me go through the pain they wish there was something they could do for me. And there isn't and they hate the fact that they have to just sit back and let it take it's course. I love you mom hope this website does well for you. Thank you for starting it!! I have been married for six years to my husband Josh I love you baby. He suffers with ADHD. Well that is all I know to say later.
CherrieBabie17
CherrieBabie17

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:10 pm

Thank you for introducing yourself. We are just beginning but I hope we grow quickly and many people who are looking for support find their way here.

I am so glad you have a loving family and that they support you. Mine supports me to a point then they want nothing to do with me when they run out of ideas of how to help. I have begged them to learn about my problem and learn how to "trigger" me out of episodes but they just don't seem to want to take the time. My bf is a lot of help but he still has a lot to learn.

Please tell others about this site so they may find answers and comfort here also.
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fame Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:28 am

I'm Fame,or Thea,if you will.I have bi-polar disorder since I was 16...

I have an older sister,a loving boyfriend and a few close,awesome friends ^,^.

My family is very nice to me,too,although sometimes they get on my nerves.When it counts,they're by my side.

I'm glad there's a support group/forum for this.I think we can all use an ear sometimes.

Fame

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself Empty Introduce Yourself

Post  Hummingbird Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:19 pm

I am Jane. I am 42 years old. I have 3 children. I have been divorced for 8 years. I am number 7 of 10 siblings.

I suffer from several health issues and I wanted to create a place for people to come together and talk about their health issues, vent, ask for advice, share experiences and receive comfort from other sufferers. The topics with *_* are the health conditions that I have. I tried to commit suicide in 2001 when the manic part of the bipolar disorder caused me to lose my husband, kids, job, home, car and job. It took me 2 years to get disability and during that time, I survived on $54.23 per week child support for my oldest daughter. It has been a rough road but God has been faithful and has blessed me with a beautiful home, a good vehicle but most of all 211 days out of the year I get to spend with my kids. The hardest part is not seeing them every single day of their lives. I have to keep my mind and hands busy continuously to keep from thinking about how much I miss them and how I feel like a failure because I cannot be a "normal" mother. I still think about suicide at times but I don't plan on trying it again any time soon. I just am so ready for my Lord to come and take me home.

Also, Tracker is my boyfriend/significant other. He has been a great help to me for the past three and a half years even though he has had a very rough time this past year and a half and I have had to be there a lot for him but that's what it is all about. He has had at least 13 procedures in a year and a half from January 2008 to June 2009 due to a unknown blood disorder that causes his blood to be too thick. He has had 2 blood clots that required emergency surgery and stents in his heart and groin, plus 2 grafts in his left leg.

Cherriebabie is my beautiful daughter : )

Twitch is my niece. She has a twin sister. They are my sister's daughters. We lost my sister/their mother in on July 27, 2004 to breast cancer.

Last edited by Hummingbird on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Hummingbird
Hummingbird
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum